The Ultimate 18-Month Wedding Planner Guide: How to Plan the Perfect Wedding
Congratulations on getting engaged! You’ve both decided to build a life together, and there couldn’t be a better time for you both to start with your wedding plans.But planning a wedding is no simple task; it can take months of coordination and scheduling for the nuptial day to run smoothly. In this ultimate guide, you’ll […]
Congratulations on getting engaged! You’ve both decided to build a life together, and there couldn’t be a better time for you both to start with your wedding plans.
But planning a wedding is no simple task; it can take months of coordination and scheduling for the nuptial day to run smoothly. In this ultimate guide, you’ll find a comprehensive month-by-month wedding plan to complete everything in 18 months.
18 to 13 Months Before the Big Day
The first big step in solidifying your intentions to marry one another is to share the exciting news with friends and family. But the remaining part of the next six months will be all about manifesting your wedding day dreams. Below is a comprehensive list to get you both off to a good start.
- Hold an engagement party
- Create a message board for friends and family to follow on Pinterest or The Knot
- Start outlining the wedding budget
- Agree on when to get married: a specific season, time of day, day of the week, and a wedding date
- Pick a wedding theme and colors that represent you both
- Begin researching and touring wedding venues and reception locations
- Invite close friends and family to be among your wedding party
- Schedule your engagement photoshoot
12 to 10 Months Before the Wedding Day
Twelve to 10 months out, there are some critical decisions to be made and locked in for the happy couple’s wedding. Here is a list of essential tasks that need to get locked into the wedding schedule before the big day.
- Book the wedding venue
- Plan the honeymoon
- Begin shopping for wedding attire for the wedding party
- Set aside a particular day and time to shop for the wedding gown with girlfriends and parents
- Build the guest list
- Research wedding cake options
- Shop for wedding bands
9 to 7 Months Ahead of the Special Day
The next three months will take up the most significant part of your wedding budget. So buckle up because you both will have lots to do with scheduling, booking, and placing deposits.
- Get your passports ready for out-of-country travel for the wedding or the honeymoon
- Book vendors: wedding photographer, DJ or band, caterer, florist, and a wedding planner
- Finalize the guest list to order the “save the date” cards, invitations, and thank you notes
- Book flights and hotels for a destination wedding and honeymoon
- Mail out the “save the date” cards
6 to 4 Months Ahead of the Wedding Date
At roughly 4 to 6 months from the wedding date, you’ll begin making the final touches to accessorize the wedding.
- Purchase shoes and accessories for the wedding party
- Purchase wedding bands
- Get the groom and groomsmen scheduled for fitting and place orders for any tux rentals
- Book the rehearsal dinner location for the entire wedding party and family
- Order the wedding cake
- Send out wedding invitations
3-Months to 60-Days Before Getting Married
The countdown is on, and you are both days away from getting married. That means it’s crunch time and the real fun begins.
- Wedding attire fitting for the entire bridal party
- Book a hair and makeup artist for the bridal party
- Purchase wedding party gifts
30-Days Ahead of the Wedding
The home stretch in planning an organized wedding comes down to these last-minute details.
- Alterations for the wedding gown and bridal party gowns
- Book a day for the entire wedding party to have a little fun
- Book a dry run with your hair and makeup artist
- Finalize your vows to one another
- Confirm dates, times, and menus with vendors
- Make the final payment on wedding bands and get the rings sized for you both
14-Days and Counting
The last 14 days before the wedding will be exciting and memorable. But there is still lots to do, like:
- Pick up altered gowns and tuxedos
- Hold bachelor and bachelorette parties
- Wedding rehearsal and dinner afterward
- Confirm any last-minute details with wedding vendors
- Provide the DJ or band with a song list and timelines
- Pack for your honeymoon
- Pickup wedding bands
The Happy Couple’s Wedding Day
The big day has finally arrived. Congratulations to the happy couple! The wedding day is about showing up to share your special day with your best friend and your newly combined family and friends.
Schedule A Venue Tour
If you’re both ready to begin touring wedding venues, The Gaderian is a must-see. The intimate setting is seated in the charming town of Carthage, Missouri, with the Town Hall building providing an old-world vintage backdrop for a truly magical wedding.
The 7,500-square-foot facility can comfortably accommodate groups as small as 30 and as large as 200. To schedule a venue tour today with the staff at The Gaderian, call (417) 850-6117.